If you registered to be a delegate at the upcoming 2021 Conservative Policy Convention happening online from March 18-20th, and more than 10 people signed up to be delegates in your riding, you will have received an e-mail to submit a "delegate biography submission" to introduce you to the members of the party in your riding so that they will vote for you in the upcoming delegate selection meeting. The deadline to upload your biography is January 31st, 9:00 PM ET.
We have created an easy "how-to" guide for you to use to submit your biography below. Do not submit more than 200 words or your application will be disqualified.
A 200-word bio is quite short. Stay positive and concise as you write about why you would make a great delegate. Remember, this is NOT the time to be humble and emphasize your perceived weaknesses or to downplay what you bring to the table by saying that you are new to this. This is the time to shine. Highlight your strengths. If you are new to this process, that's great. You can say that you bring a valuable and fresh perspective to the table. The following is a simple outline to help you get started. Remember, it's only a guide so make sure you use your instincts.
- Your local job
- If you run a business, details on that and the impact it makes on your community - number of people you employ, tourist dollars you bring to the riding, etc
- Volunteering - charities, boards, homeless shelters, church, etc (when possible, target this based on the audience, if you know them. ie if you EDA is full of church members, talk about your work at church).
2nd paragraph: Conservative beliefs & involvement
- Emphasize prudent social conservative narrative - things like subsidiarity, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, individual responsibility, focus on the family, etc
- Your vision for a more conservative Canada. Ie: a country/government that spends responsibly and empowers Canadians to stand on their own two feet and succeed; a government that gives people a hand up, not a hand out, etc
- EDA board member or executive
- Any political volunteering
- Any campaign work
- Any political jobs you may have held
- Attendance at past conventions
- Voting, lawn signs, donations all count - no Party involvement is too small!
- Why you look forward to getting more involved now and in the future!
- Looking forward to serving the members going forward
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter